Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's this year we kept it pretty simple, but I thought it would be fun to make a nice dinner for Byron and include the kids as well. So on Tuesday I was in the kitchen most of the afternoon and when Byron came home we enjoyed a candlelit dinner for 5! It was fun! I made up menus and added flowery wording to make steak, bread and salad sound like a fancy gourmet feast. We set the table, picked flowers from the yard, lit some candles and even made a crown for Byron to wear as "king for the night". I told the kids that it would be fun to dress up to make it an extra special occasion, and Benson thought it was a great idea. All day he was watching the clock to see if it was time to get dressed up. Then when I brought out his church clothes he changed his mind real fast. What did he think, we were going to eat a candle lit dinner dressed up in our Power Rangers costumes? So, of course, I was the only one who could stand to "dress up." Anyways, it made for a fun night, and by the end of our dinner, Byron was even too full for dessert! Unbelieveable, I know! It was a pretty good dinner, though!

On Thursday, I made these yummy cinnamon rolls as an extra Valentine's treat, which our little family polished off a whole batch of in less than 24 hours! We'll be making these again soon, guaranteed!!

2 comments:

Aubree said...

MMMMMM...those cinnimon rolls were SO good!!! You are such a good wife and mother!

Katie said...

So fun! You always do such fun things with your kids! The cinnamon rolls look awesome!