My dear Grandma Bodily passed away last Friday, so I wanted to share some of my favorite memories of her. She was a special lady and I have learned so much from her.
- Grandma was always working. If her hands weren't busy, she wasn't happy. Whether dusting, wiping counters, doing dishes or folding laundry, Grandma truly knew how to work.
- Grandma would brush our hair every night and then kiss us before we went to bed. This was a nightly ritual whenever we were visiting.
- Grandma fixed the best bacon and eggs for breakfast and we all loved her pork chops and gravy at dinner time.
- I always loved when she would visit because she would fold our clothes so neatly. It was easy to tell when Grandma had been helping with the laundry.
- We spent time in Boise every summer as a kid and I have great memories of playing tennis at the park, hiking the trail behind their house, tubing the Boise River, going to the rodeo, eating popsicles on the patio and spending time with our cousins.
- We were also lucky to have Grandpa and Grandma come here to visit for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. She was always working had in the kitchen preparing food. Grandma was always the one who bathed the turkey and she made a special carrot pudding each Christmas.
She really was a special person and we are all blessed to have her in our lives. She was patient, loving, kind, gentle, hard working and dedicated to her family. We will miss her dearly, but are so glad she is reunited with Grandpa and others she loved. One of my favorite quotes from Grandma's funeral was, "When a baby enters the world, the baby cries and the world rejoices. When a person leaves this world, the world weeps and they rejoice." I am sad that she is gone, but more happy that she is now rejoicing!
7 comments:
Sorry again about your Grandma, what very special memories you have. Thanks for sharing. Love you!
What a sweet tribute Jana. I loved your grandma too. I can't believe all that is going on in your family this month alone! I'm glad your mom has you girls to be so supportive of everyting. I hope it wasn't my behind at the beach who squished your camera!:)It was great spending so much time with you guys! I'm totally serious about you guys coming over anytime!
Nice entry Jana I wish I could have been at the funeral but it sounds like it all went well. Dad said you helped out a lot so thanks for representing for the family!!
Thanks for that entry Jana. I am glad that you were able to make it to her funeral and honor grandma. She will be missed! I am also glad that you were able to come to the wedding festivities en route to the funeral. Thank you for all of your help.
Sorry to hear about your grandma. She sounds like an amazing lady. It is fun to read memories from your childhood. :) Heidi
You say things so well Jana. Thank you in many many ways. Love you!! Mom
The Popsicles on the porch are a classic. Grandma and Grandpa shared those with Coby and I when we went to visit them one summer. I remember REALLY good BLT's, too. I love your memory of her brushing your hair and folding the clothes neatly. I think I will make that part of Brynn's memories about going to bed. It is such a sweet moment. Thanks for sharing your memories.
Post a Comment