It has been so fun to experience all 4 seasons here in Utah and this spring has been beautiful! After 30 years I finally see for myself what popcorn popping on the apricot tree is all about! The streets are lined with trees full of blossoms. Bright yellow daffodils and all colors of tulips are popping up out of the ground.
On Saturday it was just perfect outside. The entire neighborhood full of kids just played outside all day long while the adults mowed lawns and did yard work. My kids played and played and didn't even take a break for lunch.
This is my best friend Lynette next door showing off her nice gardening tools! I tell her that living next to her makes all the pot holes and rude drivers here worth it! She thinks I just like her because she introduced me to the best $5 pizza in town. :)
10 comments:
Hey JB !
That IS BY FAR THE BEST garden tool ever known to man-kind...
THE CLAW ! Us Desert rats dont know about "the claw" cause there's no way in...zion..that it could hack thru the lovely clay/dirt of AZ ! But here in zion...its THE BEST !
Well I feel kinda like I've just been to Utah and seen the flowers, weeded Lynette's yard, ate some shish-ka-bobs, swung on a swing and been to both my grandsons soccor games. You just got to love it. Thanks Harris's for sharing your life with us. Love you all way too too much. Is that possible??
Okay, Jana. The truth is out that we have been lousy parents and deprived you of one of the great realities of nature that there are really 4 seasons in most other parts of the world.
Beautiful! It is amazing that we Arizona's sing about popcorn on the apricot tree and we really have no idea how beautiful it is. I remember seeing it in Ohio and thinking amazing and telling the primary kids to sing loud because they knew what they were singing about. Not much spring yet in Flagstaff but the tulips are popping up and the trees are about to blossom.
Hey Jana, sorry it's taken me a bit to get back to you. I just got back in town. Such a cute little family you have! I'm pretty sure none of them were at the wedding and that you were child-free like me. :) Anyway, here's the website for those dolls...http://www.marthastewart.com/article/black-apple-doll. They're time consuming, but really fun to make. Good luck!
Hey JB, I read Brent's comments...
Tell him that My dad deprived us too by raising us in AZ ! I never even realized AZ was hot till i moved away to Utah and experienced
a summer in "zion" ! then I called my Dad in PHX and asked him "what were you thinking ?!!"
I think there's probly a therapy group for that ! ? !
Hey Jessica....Jana is our Primary pianist..and on Sunday I had her stand up and announced that SHE had NEVER seen popcorn popping on trees before ....you shoulda seen the look on the kids faces ! ...like..."what kinda weirdo is this new Sis. Harris lady ?" so funny !
BUT...Then when that first winter in Zion hit....and the first Spring that kept turning back to Winter...I called my Dad again and said.."NOW i know why you raised us
in AZ !
Isn't it the best?! I love the Spring and the Fall up here! It's so nice to experience all four seasons instead of brown all the time :)
There really is nothing prettier than Utah in Spring or Fall but seriously....you know Arizona is the true promised land/desert:) And you know you really miss us all terribly! I'm glad you have such a wonderful bf/next door neighbor to make it more bearable:).
Beautiful Pictures!!!!
Post a Comment