Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ladybug Picnic

We are in the middle of 2 weeks of spring break, so you better believe we have been getting creative over here trying to keep these little minds and bodies active! Last week we had a ladybug picnic and the kids had a blast! We made little french bread pizzas for lunch and then played with our ladybugs. (They sell them at Home Depot for gardening.) Then Kristin made ladybug cake for dessert. We went to my mom's house so her and grandma could join in the fun too!
There were ladybugs everywhere!
Grandma and Lucy, two lovely ladies
Here is the ladybug cake.
Don't you just love Paige's camera smile!

2 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

We bought those Lady Bugs at Home Depot too! It was a cold night though so the next morning all of the lady bugs were 'sleeping.' Sad!

I'm going to post our lady bug night on my blog too, although yours was much cuter - we didn't have cake.

Marissa Marie said...

My mom told me about this, about how Kristin bought live ladybugs and then made cake, and I thought, that's disgusting! Ha ha. When I figured out you didn't EAT the ladybugs, I thought it sounded like a really cute idea!