Well, my kids totally redeemed themselves yesterday. We were home all day and had a great time together. The boys played peacefully together all afternoon while Paige was napping and I was so happy that we all went to Bahama Bucks after dinner. They deserved it! Here is some of the fun stuff we did...
We made some "magical mystery mud" out of cornstarch and water. It was so fun to play and make a mess with. It's so cool because if you punch it then it feels hard, but if you push your hand slowly into the mud it sinks in like quick sand. We got out all their little animal toys and "rescued" them from the mud trap. Everyone loved the magical mystery mud, mess and all!
Clark couldn't get enough of this stuff!
Kristin brought her kids over while she went to a dr. appointment, so the kids and I got out the old wrapping paper and traced ourselves. Benson, Lucy and Clark had fun drawing clothes and other accessories to their self portraits. They added watches, painted fingernails and even mowhawk hair. They all thought it was so funny when I told them to grab some crayons and trace me too!
Clark still has magical mud on his face!
After the cousins left I figured we had a little more time before everyone would be ready for naps, so we decided to head over to the neighborhood pool. They heated it for spring break and I figured it would be worth a try. I had my doubts about the water actually being warm, but the kids had a blast and I even got in up to my shoulders and it was just right. I can't believe it is already swimming weather. I'm sure we will be going to the pool daily once summer hits. It is so nice to have a pool right around the corner. I love how Paige tested the water before she got in and the boys pretty much jumped right in! 
The water was just right so after the toe dip test, we were all smiles!
Thanks kids, for a wonderful day!
2 comments:
Those pictures are so cute! See, you're such a great mom - just looking at those pictures I was thinking, she's awesome, I would never let my kids make that much of a mess! Play dough is about as messy as we get around here! And you're so creative, with the body outlines! So fun!
You are such a cute mom and aunt. What a fun day!
Post a Comment